What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience. We also may collect certain demographic information from a third party service that includes, but is not limited to, party affiliation, gender, race and voting activity for the sole purpose of making user survey data for useful for recipients.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, respond to a survey or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To provide adequate information to the recipients of such data to ensure its usefulness.
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect your information?
- We do not collect sensitive personal information, like social security numbers. Certain pieces of information, like birth date and address, are modified after being used in the registration process to reduce or eliminate its specificity with regards to the user.
- We will never provide individual user or survey data to external parties. All user data and survey input data is aggregated in a summary report at a voting district level or higher prior to being sent to any external parties.
- We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
- We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
- We use regular Malware Scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Do we use ‘cookies’?